Friday, October 12, 2012

Second summer

For the past week or so, we've been enjoying a spell of unseasonably warm weather!  Before that, it was starting to get chilly and gloomy, and I was coming to terms with it, and then...poof!  Here comes the sun, little darlin'.

One Last Trip to the Beach [most likely]

This was the very first photo I took when we arrived at the playground, and I still had the camera on an indoor setting.  This photo is still definitely a keeper though!

Maybe you can tell...Blake does NOT like holding hands.  She is super affectionate in every other way...she has even started giving the most adorable kisses!  Not a hand-holder, though.

Anyway, upon arrival we were greeted with cries of "Hollie! Hollie!!" from the swings.  Two of her classmates were there!

Here is one of them (I didn't get her name), waiting patiently to use the monkey bars.

Hollie insisted on bringing her umbrella.  She cannot wait for the first rainy day, so we can go for a walk in all our rain gear!  We brought the umbrella "just in case".  Blake happily held it for her while she played with her friends.

What a back-drop!
Beautiful.

I think she really looks like Daniel here.

The only picture I got of them together.  They're not fans of that routine.

The three classmates!


We even got to see a train go by on the tracks that run along the coast.  
Blake was SUPER EXCITED!

Have I mentioned that I love living here?

--------------------------------------------------------------

One night last week we got to babysit our friend, Cian!  In the past, he has made Blake a little nervous, especially when I hold him (mom holding another baby = not cool), but this time, she didn't mind so much.  

She even gave him a few kisses!

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm feeling much better.  We had another ultrasound which gave us a solid due date of April 13th (not a Friday, I checked).  Definitely getting a little belly.  

Last night was Mom's Night at Hollie's school.  All the moms got to spend an hour in the classroom letting the students show us around.  The hour went by really fast, and Hollie made it clear what her favorite things were.  She traced some shapes with a pencil on paper, had me read a book to her, and we did ALL the puzzles.  She loved it.  

Occasionally when I pick Hollie up from school, her teacher, Miss Cindy, tells me how much fun Hollie is.  She is always happy at school, and the other kids love her.  So strange for me to hear, because of course at home she has bad days and bad moods - though I have to say, since starting school, she seems happier in general.  

There's probably more, but I can't remember.  We still don't have the pictures from our photo shoot yet.  We have a busy couple of weeks coming up!  Can't wait.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment