Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The 10-cent roller coaster tour

To make up for the inability to take pictures, I decided to take some video of Hollie brushing her teeth last night. I always sing her the Brush Your Teeth song by Raffi (couldn't find a good link), which always gets Blake very excited.  It quickly escalated from there...

[Do not watch this if you're prone to motion sickness!  This is 14-minutes of pretty shaky camera work.]


Mama's commentary

I'm disappointed that Blake didn't get as excited as she normally does during the ch-ch-ch-ch's.  She practically dances most nights when we sing it.

No, my hip-hold is not normally that awkward-looking.  She was slipping down the whole first minute or so, until I set her down.

Hollie embarked on this apartment tour entirely unprompted.  I don't know what inspired her!

At 3:56 - "There's my book about going potty."  Love it.

I love how when she doesn't know the word for the heater or the outlet she just says, "There's...that."

Yes, we are using cardboard boxes as tables in the playroom.

Yes, we tend to use "take video" and "take a picture" interchangeably.

The wild animal noises at 10:47?  All Hollie.  No kidding.

At 11:40 - That was a pack-n-play bassinet folded up in our room.  Blake slept in it for maybe the first week we were here, before we moved her to Hollie's room, so I was really surprised that she remembered what it was.

At 12:30 - "There's my knee.  There's my owie."  It had been healed for a while, but she always remembers her owies long after they're gone.

Yes, at 13:27 she is pointing out Daddy in the bathroom.  :)

1 comment: